Welcome to SES Music
Edward Hines at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cafe Sun Website
Philosophy and Core Units
Edward Hines' comprehensive music curriculum covers a wide range of energetic, fun, and intellectually stimulating classroom activities which are aligned with the frameworks of the Massachusetts State Music Standards.
Each year children Pre-K through Sixth Grade join Mr. Hines as he leads them in:
- Music & Movement- Both free movement and organized dancing. Children are encouraged to develop an organic sense of beat awareness and comfort with expression. This helps build confidence in social dance as well as in performance.
- Rhythmic Training and Literacy- Children learn how to read music. Often this involves non-traditional and asymmetrical counting patterns.
- Listening and Appreciation- Children develop critical listening skills which help them understand the complex and varied musical world they are surrounded by.
- Singing - Sunderland students learn the basics of good vocal production and an appreciation for group singing. Students sing alone, in class, in chorus, in our monthly All-School Sings and at our annual Arts Night celebration. The love of singing--good singing--is an important part of our music program.
- Performance - Students have many opportunities to perform during the school year. Our bi-monthly Cafe Sun features student presentations of their own choice-singing, dancing, comedy skits, cheerleading and instrumental performances. Our Sunderland children regularly perform for the greater Sunderland community during Veterans Day and Memorial Day services.
All children join together during Arts Night where each class presents a musical selection to parents, teachers and our friends from the community.